Coralogix provides a predefined Lambda function to forward your VPC Flow Logs flow logs straight to Coralogix.
1 Setup delivery of your VPC Flow Logs to S3 bucket:
2. Create an “author from scratch” Node.js 10.x runtime lambda with S3 read permission:
3. At “Code entry type” choose “Upload a ZIP file” and upload “s3ToCoralogixVPC.zip”:
4. Add the mandatory environment variables: private_key, app_name, sub_name:
- Private Key – A unique ID which represents your company, this Id will be sent to your mail once you register to Coralogix.
- Application Name – Used to separate your environment, e.g. SuperApp-test/SuperApp-prod.
- SubSystem Name – Your application probably has multiple subsystems, for example, Backend servers, Middleware, Frontend servers etc.
- If your account URL ends with ‘.in’, add the following environment variable:
5. Choose the S3 bucket you want to get triggered by and change the event type from “PUT” to “Object Created(All)”:
6. Increase Memory to 1024MB and Timeout to 30 sec:
7. Click “save”.