User defined alerts – be notified in real time
- December , 2015,12
User-Defined Alerts: Real-Time Notifications
The user-defined alerts in Coralogix will allow you to obtain real-time insights based on criteria of your own choosing. It is a very simple process which grants users full flexibility, advanced alerting options, and real-time push notifications.
1) From the main dashboard, open the alert definition interface:
2) Then, click on the “ + “ sign:
3) The final screen contains 4 sections. Here’s a breakdown of what you are to do under each:
4) To define an advanced alert, use / before and after your text, and follow these instructions:
Example: define an alert on logs from your production with status codes 5xx not originating from west-europe or west-us, use this expression:
/environment:production AND status.numeric:[500 TO 599] NOT region:/west-(europe|us)-[0-9]+//
The final step is to click on the ‘V’ mark on the right-hand side of the screen.
You’re all set! Now you can view your alerts:
The “Alert logs” view shows the logs which triggered the alert:
“Logs” view shows all the logs prior and after the alert hit, with the hit itself highlighted:
1) Go to settings, click “integrations” and click the ‘+’ sign on the righthand side:
2) Select “Slack”, add the desired alias (it’s best to use the Slack room name), add the room webhook, click save.
3) If you don’t see your new integration under your alert definition, try to refresh your browser
**To find your webhook, click here: https://my.slack.com/services/new/incoming-webhook/ (while logged in to Slack), choose the room name, click “Add incoming webhook integration” and copy the webhook you got into Coralogix.
Enjoy a whole new world of actionable real-time insights on your production systems with Coralogix!Signup to Coralogix