User defined alerts – be notified in real time
- December , 2015,12
User-Defined Alerts: Real-Time Notifications
The user-defined alerts in Coralogix will allow you to obtain real-time insights based on criteria of your own choosing. It is a very simple process which grants users full flexibility, advanced alerting options, and real-time push notifications.
1) From the main dashboard, open the alert definition interface:
2) Then, click on the “ + “ sign:
3) The final screen contains 4 sections. Here’s a breakdown of what you are to do under each:
4) To define an advanced alert, use / before and after your text, and follow these instructions:
Example: define an alert on logs from your production with status codes 5xx not originating from west-europe or west-us, use this expression:
/environment:production AND status.numeric:[500 TO 599] NOT region:/west-(europe|us)-[0-9]+//
The final step is to click on the ‘V’ mark on the right-hand side of the screen.
You’re all set! Now you can view your alerts:
The “Alert logs” view shows the logs which triggered the alert:
“Logs” view shows all the logs prior and after the alert hit, with the hit itself highlighted:
1) Go to settings, click “integrations” and click the ‘+’ sign on the righthand side:
2) Select “Slack”, add the desired alias (it’s best to use the Slack room name), add the room webhook, click save.
**To find your webhook, click here: https://my.slack.com/services/new/incoming-webhook/ (while logged in to Slack), choose the room name, click “Add incoming webhook integration” and copy the webhook you got into Coralogix.
Enjoy a whole new world of actionable real-time insights on your production systems with Coralogix!Signup to Coralogix