Coralogix is a machine learning-powered log analytics platform built for companies performing CI/CD. Coralogix offers the most extensive alerting mechanism in the logging market integrated with PagerDuty, including built-in PD webhooks, custom webhooks, and automatic resolve notifications.
PagerDuty + Coralogix Integration Benefits
- Notify on-call responders based on alerts sent from Coralogix.
- Send enriched event data from Coralogix including log examples and direct links to Related Logs, Alert, and to Edit Alert in Coralogix.
- Create high and low urgency incidents based on the Alert Severity definition, as defined in the alert.
- Incidents will automatically resolve in PagerDuty when alert conditions revert back to normal range. This is an optional Coralogix Alert setting.
How it Works
- Coralogix Alerts will send an event to your service in PagerDuty when the alert conditions are met. Events from Coralogix will trigger a new incident in the corresponding PagerDuty service.
- Once the conditions have returned to their designated range, a Resolve event will be sent to the PagerDuty service to resolve the alert status and associated incident on that service.
- The Coralogix Integrations section in the Settings page is available only for account Administrators (requires Admin role privileges). If you do not have this role, please reach out to an Admin or Account Owner within your organization to configure the integration for you.
If you need any help with this integration, please come and chat with us in our In-App Chat or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- There are two ways to add an integration to a service:
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service: Click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then, select the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- If you are creating a new service for your integration: Please read our documentation in the section titled “Configuring Services and Integrations” and follow the steps outlined in the Create a New Service section, selecting Coralogix as the Integration Type in step 4. Continue with the Coralogix section (below) once you have finished these steps.
- Enter an Integration Name like,
Coralogix-Alerts-Notifierand select Coralogix from the Integration Type menu.
- Click the Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will then be redirected to the Integrations tab for your service.
- An Integration Key will be generated on this screen. Copy this key and save it in a safe place, as it will be used when you configure the integration with Coralogix in the next section.
- From the Settings menu, select Integrations. Click on the blue + button on the right, choose a PagerDuty Integration, name your integration under Alias and in the Service Key, insert your PD Integration Key that you copied from step 5. Click Save.
- Click Test Configuration. If it shows a “Succeeded” message it means that the integration was configured correctly. You should also expect a triggered incident in your PagerDuty account representing the test.
- Go to the Alerts screen in Coralogix, enter the alert you wish to add the PagerDuty integration to. In Webhook Recipients choose the integration you desire. If you can’t see the new integration you just created, refresh your browser and you will see it.
- If you are adding the PD webhook to a More than alert, you may choose to enable the Notify When Resolved option to automatically have the incident resolved in PagerDuty when alert’s conditions stop sustaining.
How to uninstall
You may remove the PagerDuty integration at any time from your alert definition. If you want to entirely remove the integration you should go to the Coralogix Settings–>Integrations screen and delete the PagerDuty integration.