TOGETHER WE MAKE A
We’re constantly on the lookout for people who are: Hungry, Humble, Smart. In this order exactly. Join us on our journey to make raw log data obsolete.
DevOps and Engineer users
Log data processed every second
Log records ingested in real-time
We’re building the world’s most advanced machine logging solution. Over 8,000 DevOps and Engineers around the world use Coralogix to monitor their stacks and fix production problems faster.
Coralogix is located in the Azrieli office tower in Tel Aviv. Easy access to the train, buses and the Ayalon highway.
We pride ourselves on rewarding great work with great compensation.
Generous Share Package
We want you to have skin in the game and share in our future success.
Make getting from home to office a breeze. We offer monthly credits to use toward ride-sharing, parking and public transportation.
Weekly happy hours, annual company trips and employee parties – just a few ways we like to keep things friendly
Never stop learning new things and developing
DevOps/Integration Support Engineer
About The Position
Coralogix is hiring a Junior DevOps Engineer located in the US to join our Customer Success team – helping us build our next generation logging solution.
We’re changing the way Engineers think about log data. Our goal is to be the leading logging solution globally. We think it’s time to unlock the value of logging data through great user experiences, automation, and ML-assisted solutions.
In other words, we provide insights to engineers to help better meet the needs of fast-paced CI/CD environments. Engineers love us for the time we save them getting quick answers of what’s happening across their infrastructure.
- Be the focal point for the customer integration process
- Develop new integrations
- Develop internal tools for the use of the CS team
- Advocate internally for customer needs – be the technical voice of the customer within Coralogix
- Contribute to our knowledge base by creating documentation, video tutorials, and predefined answers to common issues
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- At least 1-year Experience with working on Linux and Kubernetes
- Basic proficiency writing scripts for automation (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.)
- BA/BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS services
- AWS certificate - Advantage
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation to learn new skills and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills