Engineering Team Leader
About The Position
As a team leader in Coralogix, you will lead a team of cross-disciplinary engineers. Together you’ll design, implement and operate cutting-edge product features that use and evolve our stateful streaming technology, which is based on KafkaStreams, AkkaStreams, and a lot of other distributed storage and processing technologies.
The product features will use our sophisticated in-house platform (which is based on kubernetes), and you and your team will work closely with our great platform team in order to provide the maximum value our customers and for the company.
Coralogix’s vision and day-to-day life treat software engineering and data engineering as one, and we believe that being proficient in both aspects is an essential part of being great engineers, and crucial for creating exponential value for our customers.
Your role will be to lead with this vision in mind, manifesting it in your leadership decisions and in the ongoing mentoring of your team.
- Lead a team of engineers to fully own large-scale products and features, from design to production, maintaining and evolving them to provide maximum value according to the evolving needs of the company
- Understand the ongoing product/technical tradeoffs and rationale, striving to create maximum alignment between the team and the company so the team engineers can constantly improve their decision making
- Promote transparency and alignment by continuously collaborating with other teams on products and features
- Mentor your team’s engineers, and facilitate their growth so they become the best engineers possible
- Help the team become better at troubleshooting and solving technical issues
- Enable an inclusive and balanced team culture that promotes healthy and professional discussions
- B.Sc in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience a team leader of software engineers in a SaaS environment
- 6+ years of experience in developing production-grade software products, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Proven leadership, mentoring and self-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Natural ability to discuss and communicate broad tradeoffs in multiple dimensions, balancing between business, product and technical requirements, and to make relevant decisions accordingly
- Very strong troubleshooting skills, mentally integrating multiple disparate data sources and making relevant and efficient decisions accordingly
- Real-world experience with Scala or another functional language
- Proven experience in development of large-scale data-related products
- Proven experience in distributed processing or streaming platforms
- High proficiency in data modelling and SQL
- Ability to understand and communicate product/technical tradeoffs that arise from different data modelling decisions
- Previous platform engineering or devops experience
- Active contribution to open source projects
- Experience with developing observability platforms
- Actively presenting on engineering/leadership subjects in conferences or meetups